share

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Moral Patches

By now I'm sure you have seen someone wearing a moral patch. Yes, I'll admit that I have a few of them myself, but I never wear them out in the field. Moral patches are funny around the other guys in your team, but when the higher brass shows up you have to scramble to take one or all of them off. Are they really worth having?

I picked up one patch that simply said, "Embrace The Suck." To my surprise, I found those words repeating themselves in my head during one of our smoke sessions. It made me actually try to enjoy the physical punishment my body was experiencing. Of course there was no joy to be found, but in that sense, it was a moral booster.

Other moral patches have much less of an effect, and only amount to a small chuckle. If they work for you though, who is to say that they are wrong? Afterall, the battle is won and lost with the mind. If this little patch gives you the boost of confidence you need, then so be it, wear the darn thing. Everything is what you make it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment