share

Friday, April 27, 2012

Love for Molle Belts

I use to always go into the field with my BlackHawk S.T.R.I.K.E. vest and it worked great! That was until the summer months came and coupled with a layer of clothing and armor underneath, it got pretty hot at times. Somedays, I would drink up my entire Camelback and still have another half of the shift left to go. I started searching for other options to aleviate the discomfort of profusive sweating, and that brought me to the padded molle belt.

When I first started to consider switching to a padded belt, the CDI (Chicks Dig It) factor was holding me captive to my original vest set up. Finally, I decided to take the lunge and took all the essentials I needed for work and strapped them on to my BlackHawk Padded Patrol Belt. It only took an instant to notice how much lighter and more agile I felt without having gear clunking around in front of me, not to mention the relief in body temperature. I instantly became a fan!

After wearing my belt in the field for some time, I noticed one major flaw, it loosened up on it's own! There were times that I would be on patrol and I would have to stop in order to tighten up my belt so it didn't drag around my thighs. It was getting to the point where I considered reverting back to my vest and forgetting all about the belt idea when I discovered High Speed Gear Inc's Sure-Grip Padded Gear Belt.

Sure-Grip Padded Belt

Unlike the Padded Patrol Belt, the Sure Grip features neoprene on the inside of the belt. This keeps it securely in place once it is on and adds an extra level of comfort to the user. It has enough columns of molle built into it to comfortably carry your equipment. On mine I have my flashbang, pistol, med pouch, two Fast-Mags, knife and radio. The best feature about this belt as opposed to other molle belts is that the inner belt is velcroed in place for a secure fit. After I started using this belt, I knew that my days of using the chest rig was done!

As I said before, I reccomend the molle belts as a way of carrying your essential mission equipment. Depending on the nature of the situation you may want to carry more equipment such as magazines if you are serving a high risk warrant. When the summer months are hot, however, and you just need the essentials, I highly reccomend the molle belt as a way to stay cool and travel lighter. Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment